Saturday, April 9, 2011

House of Cards Project #2

I'll never forget the day I printed all the photos to make the cards for Sheila's house.  I picked them up from the photo shop at Costco where they were kind enough to put them in a box for me.  I walked to my van and tears gathered in my eyes as I thought, "I have Sheila's house in this box." 

Once the cards were made, I took them to show a New Hope Church group that had gathered to share a meal with Jen and Eric Peterson and their family.  The Petersons are missionaries going to Swaziland in April of 2011.  I showed the group the photo cards and shared the story of how the project came about.  Eric got this look on his face that gave me pause, and quietly he said, "Becky, we have your next house for you.  As you were speaking the Lord told me that this is how we are going to build a house for Gogo Eliya."

This was news to me.  I had only planned on doing this project once.  But since that day the Lord has given us clear affirmation that we are to keep going.  The money for all the materials for the cards for Gogo Eliya's house has been donated and all the card sets have been created.We are working on trademark, logos, and copyrights...all things you will see taking shape over the next couple of weeks, but in the meantime we are going to keep moving forward!

We have created three new card sets. Each set has 5 different photo cards with envelopes. They include another African animal set, a set of cards made with Easter/Mother's Day in mind, and a set I call Blue Hope...we'll tell you more about that later.
We sell the photos cards for $10.00 a set.
Cards are available for sale and distribution beginning Sunday April 10th.
 
If you would like to know how you can participate by purchasing or selling cards, contact us at newhopehouseofcards@gmail.com

You can send donations directly to:
New Hope Church /House of Cards
584 Colonial Club Drive Harrisburg, PA 17112

Blessings,
Becky Bruckner

No comments:

Post a Comment